Welcome to Light Holistics
Holistic Therapies and Yoga in Warrington and the North West
Relax, Release, Balance, Energise.
Meditation in our class
The best way to become a master of meditation is to practise every day 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening at sunset and sunrise using one simple method that synchronises with your deepest beliefs, outlook and aspirations.
However for many people this is not possible. Sitting through a guided meditation in a group is the next best thing. We follow best yoga sequencing to get into a meditative/contemplative state for the rest of the Yoga class. Each week we focus on:
- posture - asana in yoga language
- breath- pranayama in yoga language
- concentration- dharana in yoga language
- absorption- dhyana in yoga language
- transformation - samadhi in yoga language
Between the 1st and 4th centuries BC Patanjal outlined his Yoga system made up of 8 'limbs' - this is the meaning of the word Ashtanga. The 8 limbs he outlined are:
1. Yama-think of good character.
2. Niyama - think of positive personal qualities.
3. Asana - good posture - all yoga postures fit here.
4. Pranayama - breath awareness.
5. Pratyahara - withdrawing closing down the senses.
6. Dharana - concentration with effort on object.
7. Dhyana - concentration without effort on object.
8. Samadhi - subject and object become one.
Meditation is part of the human condition. Recently the mindfulness movement has popularised the practise because of its therapeutic benefits. It has always been a part of religious and spiritual practise and recently science, psychology and healthcare communities have all explored the practise.
Yoga in Warrington